The Future Is Now
Technology skills are in demand—and no longer confined to a single industry. Are you ready to explore all the places IT skills can take you?
Which pathway is offered?
Systems Programming—Students in this pathway prepare for careers related to computer science that involve the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and management of systems that rely on software programs to satisfy the operational needs of modern business organizations.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Support Specialist
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Network Administrator
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Computer and Information Systems Manager—$146,360/year
- Computer Programmer — $86,550/year
- Computer Support Specialist—$54,760/year
- Computer Systems Analyst—$90,920/year
- Network Administrator—$83,510/year
Which industry-recognized certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Certiport—Python, JAVA
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Monday, February 1, 2021.