Get Ahead of the Curve
Everyone is looking for ways to ensure they stand out in a crowd of applicants. By exploring your business options now, you can get a leg up on the competition.
Which pathways are offered?
Entrepreneurship—This pathway prepares students to formulate policies and direct a business, corporation, nonprofit, or other organization. This may involve assuming advertising, promotions, marketing, sales, and public relations responsibilities in small firms.
Marketing Communications—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Small Business Owner
- Administrative Services Manager
- Business Operations Specialist
- Marketing Manager
- Promotions Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Media Buyer/Planner
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job, experience, and location but approximate sample salaries include:
- Small Business Owner—salary varies
- Administrative Services Manager —$96,940/year
- Marketing Manager—$135,900/year
- Business Operations Specialist—$70,530 / Year
- Public Relations Manager—$114,800/year
- Promotions Manager—$135,900/year
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Certiport Entrepreneurship and Small Business Certification
- NOCTI Advertising and Design
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts exam
- Microsoft Office Specialist Excel
- Microsoft Office Specialist Word
- ACT National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC)
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Monday, February 1, 2021.